Thursday, December 10, 2009

I Can Almost See It

Before you read this, please scroll down and take a look at the countdown clock!! You'll notice it says 4 days left. That is incredible. First off, in my defense this picture was taken while I was under the influence of Anesthesia.

A lot has gone on since my last update. Tuesday we had a long wait to get to surgery. We were at clinic at 8am to start the platelet drip. There was an emergency surgery performed on a PICU patient. We have been in there shoes and are glad the other patient was priority. It was a very rough day. The platelets burned at first and I was given Hyrdroxizine. It is similar to Benadryl, but it seems to work a little too well on me. However; I got my last IV of 2009!! After surgery; I woke up extremely sore. I now have a Broviac (an accessed line) that's on my right side. My filter was removed. A biopsy was performed on the right, front hip.

I was groggy throughout Tuesday and slept the remainder of the day. Wednesday was much better. I woke up still sore. A nurse gave my Lupron shot and 2 bags of RBC's after my Hemoglobin fell to 7.4. My Hemoglobin may have been low, but my platelets were at 150. I wish I could take credit, but it was the five bags of platelets that helped.

Today, we had our meeting with Dr. Adams. I went into the meeting expecting to hear every single thing that might go wrong. I was so pleased to hear her list the possibilities of things that could go right. I cannot express how thankful I am for all of the doctors and nurses at PCH. Dr. Adams is highly praised by all of her colleagues and staff. I can see why. She gave me a "Roadmap" binder today; it was organized by color tabs. She is my kind of girl!

Ryan's meeting was also successful. They asked him lots of questions and read his results. Today was the day of final consent. He cannot back out. He claims he "signed his life away". In actuality, it was just his stem cells.

Allan Carl is coming home soon! Can't wait to see that smiling face again. He claims that "when they realize Ryan is crazy" he's ready.

We got another medication called Kepra. It is the anti seizure medicine to start Sunday evening. Being in the hospital was good to get everything squared away. We got the inside scoop on the nurses, decorating, which room I'll have, etc. I am so excited for Aunt Jane to decorate the room!! It is something I find myself focusing on. Days have been very hard. More often than not. Small infections and pain become bothersome. However; I've got a lot to be happy about and look forward too. I'd say we are definitely climbing. And don't you forget it.

4 comments:

  1. Whew!!!!!I am tired again. Your brain must be so full of all of the knowledge and information you have acquired over the past 10 months...Not what a girl really wants to use her brain for..right? G & G have saidd this once but how appropriate. "If you don"t scale the mountain, you can't see the view." We are ever so close!!!!!!!! That countdown clock is looking good. G & G love you soooooo much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read this maybe 5 times, and still have no idea what over half of it means! But as long as your doctors do I suppose all is well :) And as far as the credit for the platelets go, they are in YOUR body so I say it was all you! Yay for colored tabs and organization!! Hahaha. You are quite the dork :) Keep fighting and knowing I'm here for you thinking, praying, and listening at all times!
    Love you forever and a day,
    Karissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Ceci! You are soooo close!!! We are so excited for you and your family, and, of course, that includes us, too!!!!!! You are THE topic so much of the time---keep climbing---we are right behind you! Much love, Kathy & Rexie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see that you have started Kepra now. They actually had to update my dosage last week cause I was having seisures again. I just pray that yours goes better and don't have any. I love ya and your in my heart at all times

    ReplyDelete