Sunday, December 13, 2009

Clorox it Baby


Saturday we had a little scare. My broviac began to turn red at the site of the line. They changed my dressing and decided the redness was irration of the tape. My skin is very sensitive. Praise the Lord it was only sensitivity. Infection free is how we hope to stay!

We are still preparing for the big "sleepover"! I am beyond excited. I can't explain how I feel. It's a great feeling. I'm not sure if it's because I'm looking forward to being around other people or because decorating my room thrills me! It could be the Christmas season or the fact that this puts me that much closer to getting better! Mostly the last one. However; it's a combination of all of the above. I'm in a good mood. My Dad claims that I'm sassy which is a sign that I'm feeling good.

The room will be decorated before I even get there on Tuesday. I am all packed and ready to go! We have been cloroxing up a storm. The rule is that we have to clorox wipe down the item and put it in a clean bag. If it is dryable it has to be dried for a minimum of 20 minutes. We did all of the clorox wiping tonight; we are afraid we'll wake up tomorrow and everything will be bleached. I guess we'll have to wait and see!

Tomorrow, we have to be at clinic at 7:30am. For the girl that wakes up at 11am everyday it could be a rough one. They said to expect to be there until 2:30pm. It is the Busulfan chemotherapy test dose. I'll get 1/6 of the actual dose at 8 sharp. I have a BMT nurse to draw my blood every fifteen minutes starting at 10am. You think I would need a transfusion after that many lab draws. It will all be performed through my broviac. No unneccessary pokes.

I got to go see Christmas lights last night! Plus, I made a gingerbread house with my friend Dave, via IChat! It was a blast. I needed some Zofran (nausea medicine) after though. I may have eaten too much candy. It was worth the stomach ache. Merry Christmas (early)!

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely gingerbread house! I'm sure any cookie would be proud to live there! I'm so happy you're that much closer to getting better!
    With lots of love,
    Karissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ceci.. Tomorrow is one of the days we have been waiting for but.... there are alot more to come. That count down clock is a little off, but it looks really good doesn't it? G & G say to you: "The difference between stumbling blocks and stepping stones is the way a person uses them." I know it is going to be fun to see your pretty decorated room in the morning!!!!!!!!!! G & G Love you sooooooooooo much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ceci, your hair is fabulous! You were a beautiful blond, and you make a stunning red head. Good luck today. We'll all be praying for you! Merry Christmas!

    -The Neenans

    ReplyDelete