Thursday, September 9, 2010

Let Freedom Ring (almost)

Yes, this is still my blog. It's not pink and black (gasp!). I tried changing it, which you can see was a success. However; I don't like it, so it's going to change again. I had messed with it enough for one day and decided to leave it and fix it later. I've been working on "Have You E-mailed Oprah Yet?" which is September 29th if you hadn't heard. Lots of flyers, stickers, t-shirts, interviews, Facebook groups, etc has been in the works. I've had three clinic visits and a barbecue to attend this week!

The best part of all is that I'm down to 8ml of Cyclosporine (anti-rejection) twice a day from the previous 10ml. Yes, that means WE ARE TAPERING! It's supposed to be a ten week taper. Of course, my liver will be conductor on the "taper train". There goal is to get me off ASAP because just like the Tacro once did, the Cyclosporine is hemolyzing (eating my red blood cells). Therefore my hemoglobin is dropping ever so slowly and we all know I already had my last transfusion. Plus one. That doesn't mean I will refuse a transfusion, but I'm really hoping we can avoid one. Infusions aren't exactly on my "top ten favorite things" list. My white blood count is 4. That is normal!! We started a new antibiotic-it's the picture above, it doesn't taste as bad as it looks, I'd say it tastes much worse. It's pretty icky, but I'm used to it by now. Hopefully I'll be off as soon as we say "buh bye" to the Cyclosporine. Hopefully, we'll also say goodbye to the fluids at that time since the large dose of magnesium was needed because of the Cyclosporine. Geez that drug is a trouble maker. Last, but certainly (nowhere near, not even close to) least...February 1st. What a wonderful day! It just sounds great right? It's the day that I will be freeeeeeee. I know I've said this once before, but for the first time my ideal release date coincides with the doctors'. How did we come up with it you ask? If I am off the Cyclosporine in 8 more weeks, February 1st is 3 months post anti rejection; therefore giving my immune system time to build up.

There seems to be one lyric stuck in my head a lot these days, maybe you've heard it..."I can almost see it, that dream I'm dreamin". Okay, that is all.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! How encouraging!!! Tapering off---Yeah!!! And, February 1st----my, how we all look forward to that date with you!!! I must share with you the saying that is on my inspirational big monthly desk calendar for September......Ready??? I am not making this up.....it really is a quote by Oprah. It says, "Surround yourself with only people who are going to lift you higher."--Oprah Winfrey Now, just how cool is that? Very fitting, huh? Much love, Kathy & Rexie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, WOW! what great news. As for your blog site it looks fine to me. Of course you have to take into consideration that is coming from an artistically and creatively challenged old farmer! I think as long as it continues to bring us great news of your climb back to health and spiritual insights into the wonderful things God is doing in your life then it is perfect! ---- joe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the nails! And the new blog lay out! Im going to guess this is the fixed version seeing as it is pink and black. Love it :) Yay for Tapering!!!!!! I think I've only said this a few times, but BOY! Am I excited for the 29th! I'm so glad to hear that you're normal! Oops, I mean your white blood count, of course :) You brighten my day more than all the suns in the galaxy!
    Love always and dearly,
    Karissa

    ReplyDelete