Saturday, January 23, 2010

A Bloody Good Day

I want to remind everyone to donate blood. You can donate up to 3 times a year! Most likely the blood won't go to me, but it makes it available. Hopefully, I had my last transfusion, but that makes donating blood no less important. You are helping someone else's niece, daughter, friend, or cousin. You are making someone elses climb a little bit easier.

There was a United Blood Services bus in our neighborhood today. All of the time slots were filled (actually overbooked) thanks to Chelsea and our wonderful neighbors. Forty-nine units of blood were donated and eighteen donors added to the registry. What an amazing honor! Thank you. If you didn't have a time slot you can go to London's Run at Schepf's Farm on January 29th OR to your local UBS office anytime to donate. Go to www.bloodhero.com to schedule an appointment.

The video includes bits and pieces of todays excitement and the generous people who came! I bet you can guess what song I chose :) Share the love. Share the blood.

8 comments:

  1. YAY! I think my copmuter will lets me start commenting again! First of all... who put together that video? Was it you? You should go pro!As for the blood drive i wish i could have been there longer than an hour and I am sorry I missed you...but i love you all the same and cant wait to see you again!
    <3 naomi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this wonderful reminder. Wish I could donate and I would be there in a heartbeat. Because of some blood transfusions years ago (before they strictly tested), I can longer donate. Please know that you continue to be in our prayers--many times a day. Yesterday I fasted for you too. Hugs from cold WA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy editing, Batman! That video was a whole new level of impressive! I can barely figure out how to load them up on my computer, let alone fashion it into something so expert! The blood drive was amazing! A couple more months and I can donate as well. Woot! It was also soooo good to see you! And by the way, you were looking fabulous (:
    Love you a TON!
    -Karissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only reason why it was so successful was because of you :) Everyone loves you so much!!!!! I am so glad you are back in the neighbor!! I missed you tooooo much.
    I love you Chels

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ceci. Loved the video and song. You live in such a great neighborhood!!! How's the roommate situation??? Is everyone behaving? We think of you all often. Love and prayers, Kathy & Rexie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww... I got here too late! The Video is no longer available! Anyway...glad to hear that it went well. We're all rooting for you. Keep climbing, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got here too late to see the video, too! BUMMER:) I am glad that you are getting to move home and that your climb is moving along nicely! Keep it up, girly!

    ~Mrs. Bray

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just saw the video, LOVED it! I am amzed at all the people's lives that you have touched! You are going to be an awesome advocate since you have a way with people! I am so proud of you and the difference you continue to make:)

    ~Mrs. Bray

    ReplyDelete