Saturday, October 17, 2009

Week One


The first course of chemotherapy is over. After the five infusions all I can do is rest and let the chemotherapy work. I have three weeks before I can get a bone marrow biopsy to evaluate whether the Decitabine was beneficial enough to do a second course. The only difference I have noticed about the way I feel after chemotherapy are that I'm achy and still tired. Plus my gums are bleeding. I am thrilled! Going into chemo I expected to be nauseous and feeling poorly. I have only seen minimal side effects and I am so thankful for that! They expected I would tolerate it well, and so far, so good. I am at home for the next three weeks unless a fever, flu, etc appears. Now, my job is to eat and sleep. Those are two things I can handle!

Some bad news :/ I have officially been placed on lock down (this is not a drill). I can't have any visitors. Both doctors and nurses have warned us that the flu going around is a vicious one, and we want no part of it. They are making rules at the doctor's office-- masks must be warn at all times and no one under 12 past certain areas (except the patient). Also, I am always placed in an isolated room while being infused. I'm not going to lie, it is really nice. It is great to see them making extra precautions, but it's scary being at risk! I told my Mom, you know it's bad when you look forward to going to the doctors office for the social reasons, but I'll take whatever I can get!

4 comments:

  1. Love your blog Ceci- and you are such an eloquent writer. When this is all over you will be so glad you documented it all. I am so glad you aren't feeling any worse than you do. Hang in there girl. It is so worth the fight. We love you! Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Girl........Have we told you lately that we love you,soooooooooomuch. only when you have a daughter or grandaughter will you understand. Everyone at Chapel this morning saide to tell you Hi and that they are praying for you. The ones that are on your blog love it. Again Grandpa & Gammie say, The best and mossssssst beautiful things in the world cannot be seen nor touched but are felt in the heart.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job getting through the first round Ceci! Keep up the good work and keep hanging tough!! As always, thanks for keeping us posted! Love ya!
    The McCord Family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ceci, think of your isolation time as R&R downtime, because soon as lockdown is lifted, you won't be able to keep us away! We are having Ceci withdrawls....Gosh we love and miss You! "Keep the Faith Baby"!

    ReplyDelete