Monday, October 12, 2009

Be Happy!


The doctors at PCH must think I can't get enough of them. I just keep going back for more. I got released from the hospital yesterday after no signs of the culture growing a bacterial or viral infection. I was also fever free and filled with antibiotics and IV fluids upon leaving. That Dorothy really knew what she was talking about when she said, "There's no place like home."

When I woke up this morning it seemed like it was going to be a big day. Today, was my first day of chemotherapy. I am stepping into the threshold of recovery. If I am being quite honest, it was anti-climactic. Getting chemo was equivalent to getting a transfusion. The only two things I found to be different were that #1 I didn't have to feel terrible to receive it and #2 It was a clear liquid instead of red. It was painless (minus the two attempts to put an IV in) and quick. We were at clinic for three hours total. Other than the usual tired, I haven't noticed any unusual side effects. We are going back Tuesday through Friday to continue the Decitabine. We're praying for promising results.

One thing everyone can do to help your coworkers, peers, teammates, and friends- if you're sick, STAY HOME!

My pants say it all :)

3 comments:

  1. Ceci,

    Love your Be Happy,positive attitude!..You inspire all of us!..We are rooting and praying for you in CT!...The Lynch family

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! you're finally started! im glad it went well! i hope its like that EVERY time! :) i'll keep praying for a miracle! i love ya tons ceci!
    <3 naomi

    ReplyDelete
  3. We would rather see what your panties say!!! Love you bunches

    ReplyDelete