Tuesday, August 10, 2010

School Shopping...Sort of

I spoke too soon; the back pains returned, but only because they gave me another dose of Neupogen. Heating pads and pain meds are such a beautiful invention when you're in pain. The pain has almost completely resolved, again. My ANC had dropped to 500 and is now up to 2100! That is the highest it's been in awhile.

I tapped my little red heels together and I'm home. Well that and the doctors signed the release forms. We have already given the first dose of antibiotics at home. It was a party ball and it went quite easily. We also have our medication schedule up in my room, color coded and all. I came home to a clean house. I love that feeling when you walk in your door; ahhh home. It's so comforting.

Tomorrow, school starts. Yes, I'm sad. Yes, I want to be there. It's not the first time I've missed a first day of school, it's still difficult though. But to be honest the more I think about it; the more excited I get. In January; I will have my first day of school. I'll worry about my outfit endlessly, I'll have a backpack full of shiny new notebooks and sharpened pencils, and I'll be the happiest girl you could imagine. But for now; instead of buying school clothes; I got new pajamas and instead of pens and pencils; I got slippers. Works for me!! :)

I'm so very thankful that the infection is cleared up, that I'm laying in my own bed, that one day I will have the opportunity for my first day of school, and that I'm still climbing. God, thank you for being a part of my climb.
P.S. I've got some exciting news about Ceci's Climb coming up...yes, I'm going to leave you hanging :)

7 comments:

  1. Ahhhh...the suspense!! Can't wait to hear the exciting news!! I love your color-coded med schedule! Totally looks like something I would do!;) And school in January?! That's awesome!! By the way, I'M thankful that you're still climbing and that YOU are allowing US to be a part of your climb!! Love ya, Jena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Ceci, I am sooooo happy that you and your little red heels are home! Praise the Lord!!!! Your precious sense of humor makes me smile with tears in my eyes. You are so right--there is no place like home---thanks for reminding us. Hey, in January, I think there will be a whole lot of us anxiously waiting to see what outfit you pick for your first day of school---in fact, I bet a lot of us dress up that day, too---just for you! Much, much love. Kathy & Rexie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would much rather take new pajamas and slippers over stupid pencils that teachers make you write essays with! I have to say I love the chart it is very you. Yes it is definitely a you thing :) I am so glad you are home too! We have all missed you and I'm sure your TV has too haha. I am also glad to hear that ANC is going up woohoo for a high ANC! Love you lotsssssssss!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love your organization skills! Yay for the 2100 ANC!! I'm so glad to hear you are home :) I'm awfully excited for January too! Gilbert misses you, Cec.
    Love always and dearly,
    Karissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, you continually "Count Your Many Blessings" and name them one by one. We can't wait to read the exciting news. Hugs! Richard and Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carolyn I love the shirt in your picture! This is news I'm glad to hear. (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dashiki Shirt Store for sale provides hundreds of Color Dashiki shirts and pants. We are biggest retail and wholesale of dashiki shirts to dashiki

    ReplyDelete