Saturday, November 28, 2009

Rambling Update



Hmm. Another second. A minute. An hour. And then a day. And yes, I am watching the countdown clock. December 15th keeps getting closer. We are doing things in preparation for the big day. We are printing pictures to hang in frames and I'm starting to think about packing. I enjoy packing. Not only does it make me feel organized, but it is the beginning to a journey or a "climb" per say. It makes me feel excited for what's to come. Or maybe I simply like clothes. Anyways; here's the list of things I need to bring: pajamas, blankets, and a strong sense of belief and hope. I don't think I'll be needing Christian Louboutions for this uhm "vacation".

Speaking of blankets, I recently recieved two beautiful handmade quilts to bring along. One was signed by almost the entire town of Arnett (and that's not an exaggeration). The other is my two favorite colors and it's center patch reads my favorite quote. Both were made with so much love. Thank you Pammy & Emily. I know in the hospital I'll be surrounded by the warmth, love, and comfort of these extraordinary gifts.

We had Thanksgiving outside. I got my own table, I was waited on, and everyone kept a safe distance. It was a beautiful day. It was good to be around my family. We have a lot to be thankful for. I've been tired and achey lately. I started sleeping more again. Food seems to taste bland. I have been eating blueberry Eggo waffles, breakfast pastries, and salami. Not together of course. I have found something I really enjoy and that isn't harmful to my health. The drive-in movie! It has been great to get out of the house. We have an appt. Monday morning.

2 comments:

  1. Ceci, I'm glad you got to enjoy Thanksgiving outside. We prayed for you in Sunday School and also during Church today. You are one special gal and sooooo many are climbing with you! Love and prayers, Kathy & Rexie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ceci, "Thanks" for displaying your quilt. that was a very thoughtful gift, both of them. I received the picture via E-Mail. It printed fine..Thanks!G & G say: "We may give without loving, but we cannot love without giving." We hope your day at clinic tomorrow will not be too long & hard! Ryan starts his processing as the donor tomorrow also doesn't he? I know this comes as a big surprise to you but we love you very much!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete