Sunday, October 4, 2009

Homecoming


I know it was homecoming, but it felt like a going away party. My last "big night" before the transplant. It was everything I could have asked for (and more). I got to dress up and wear high heels! Let me tell you, pumps are quite the calf workout when you wear slippers all the time. I got to laugh and be silly. It made me feel like a teenage girl. I didn't feel like a sick girl, not for a minute. It was hard watching them pull away in the limousine as I got into my car to head home, but I was happy I got to be a part of the night.

My Mom heard that swine flu has officially hit Gilbert and I have been placed on house arrest (I wouldn't be surpsrised if she came home with one of those ankle bracelets soon).

Here's the deal medical wise. There are two choices:
1. Option number one is to get chemotherapy for two months pre transplant. They aren't sure if it would be in patient or out patient yet. It would be five days of infusion and 3 weeks to let my body recover and then repeat. Then the transplant would start. During the two months pre transplant we would be able to do a vigorous physical on both of the boys and myself. It is called the pre transplant work up. The reason they are hesitant to use a drug called Decitabine(a type of chemo) is because this is an older man's disease and there is no history of using this drug in peds. However, Dr. Adams believes I would benefit from it. They are looking to their colleagues for advice.

2. Option number two is to go straight to transplant (which includes chemo regardless). The only thing to hold us back is that they want to go into the transplant knowing they did everything they could to help my body. Plus, the fact that both the boys and I have to undergo the pre transplant work up before anything takes place.

We will keep you updated on what happens. Thank you for all of the birthday wishes, cards, and chocolate for my sweet 16! I am very tired and spent most of my 16th birthday in bed. I get consistent aches and pains in the abdomen, head, back, and legs. I think I know why though, I am like an old man, well at least according to MDS. Other than that I am hanging in and staying strong. The days seem to get harder, but that only means the reward will be bigger. If having two 6/6 matches wasn't a big enough sign from God, I don't know what would be.

We are going to beat this. Keep the faith.

6 comments:

  1. ceci i just read your new blog...I loved it.gammie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Ceci, you've sure been doing a lot lately and I am sooooo glad! Jena showed me lots of pictures on facebook of your special night and it sure looked like fun! I just love your great attitude---I know God does too! We will keep praying. Love, Kathy & Rexie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ceci,

    We did not know it was your birthday until we read the blog...Happy Birthday!!!....We are pulling and praying for you!

    Love, the Lynch clan

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love you Carolyn and spending the night with you at homecoming was the best ever. Next year you will be able to join us in the Limo. Tell your dad he's paying next year. Tee hee. Keeping the faith going!! Love you, Chels

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are an amazing person, Ceci! I really admire your passion and fighting spirit!

    Mrs. Bray

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ceci I love you girly! You look so Beautiful in your dress and killer pumps!hahaa I admire You so much! Luv U Tonz~ In my prayers babe!
    Chey<3

    ReplyDelete