Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Work up


Above I am sporting that oh so fabulous hospital gown for my work up. It went really well. However; I don't have many results to report.

Yesterday, I had a pulmonary test. I was literally placed in a clear box with tubes and wires. Robert, a doctor, stood outside coaching me. Breathe, blow, hold your breath, slower, and now faster. After, I was taken to the audiology lab. There were a variety of tests to get a baseline of my hearing. Some chemotherapy causes hearing loss. I'm happy to report I didn't miss a beep.

This morning I had my second day. The days were shorter than we expected. Although I am tired I couldn't be more excited. They performed all of these tests mainly for two reasons. First, they want to be sure that all of my organs are healthy and infection free. Second, they want to evaluate every aspect of my health before and after transplant. A year from now, I'll get another work-up so that they can see the effects of the treatment.

The latest adjustments to the schedule: they're talking about doing the actual infusion of stem cells on December 22. 12/22/09 is also the day of collection. At least they are moving the dates in the right direction; forward. Ryan's work-up is still set for December 1st. The closer I get to treatment I've found that more anxiety and fear comes with it. I couldn't be happier. (Well, maybe I can be, when the MDS goes away :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow! You look like you are ready to get going and kick some MDS butt! :) Love the pics and no one, and I mean no one, sports a hospital gown like you kid! :) :)
    We are thinking about you all and praying for you everyday....so hang in there and keep smiling! Much love!
    The McCords

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need to add some rhinestones to that gown. You're looking fabulous. Can't wait to go out driving with you in a few months. You, me, Jacob and Dairy Queen. Doesn't get any better than that. Love you bunches. Chels

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet Girl: What a great blog!!!!!!!!Each time I read a new one I learn so much. I loved the pictures, I tried to print them, but it did not work. Could you E-Mail them to me and I will prin t them. G & G say today "I'll take the Bible as my guide until something better comes slong." We are getting pretty absent minded, but have we told you today that we love you!!!! Loved seeing you today even though it was at a distance.

    ReplyDelete