Saturday, September 19, 2009

Grandpa Floyd


What children need most are the essentials that grandparents provide in abundance. They give unconditional love, kindness, patience, humor, comfort, lessons in life. And, most importantly, cookies. ~Rudolph Giuliani

Yesterday Grandpa was admitted to the hospital for a total knee operation. He should be released Monday. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. Love you GP.

Yesterday, the bone marrow testing began on my two brothers. Finally, I'm not the only one getting poked! I am so lucky to have them as my brothers. (This is me sucking up to them, I need that bone marrow!) No, honestly I don't know what I'd do without them. However, if neither are a match, watch out, we may be knocking on your door asking you to be tested. It makes me realize how many kids can't find a match. And like me, chemotherapy and a BMT is the only hope some kids have. So please for me, or for someones little sister or best friend sign up for the Bone Marrow Registry.

We have learned that patience really is a virtue. It's constantly "Hurry up and wait." Right now, we are waiting on insurance, pathologists final approval, and a donor to begin. Until then I'll be enjoying the time I have in my own bed.






1 comment:

  1. Hi honey bun, love the picture of you, Grandpa and Gammy! I wanted to let you know you're doing a great job of encouraging everyone to get tested. Last week Ceci Bishop sent an email to her friends and family regarding upcoming Bone Marrow Registry events in and around Kansas City. Mary and Ally Holyfield saw a registration site near them and went on Saturday!!! Ally was hoping that she would be a match. Keep up the good work. I love you

    Aunt Ro

    ReplyDelete